How can a Social Worker help you?
Hello, my name is Lot, and I’m here to talk about how can a social worker help you?
I am a Mental Health Social Worker and currently work as a Director within Therapy Pro.
We deliver high-quality allied health including occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, physiotherapy, psychological support and assessments, Positive Behaviour Support, and services within the Early Childhood Early Intervention space.
But Therapy Pro also offers social work services, and this is what I would like to tell you a little more about in the video below.
What do social workers do?
Social workers provide their clients with a variety of services funded by the NDIS, Medicare or privately.
For example, under Improved Daily Living, we can support people with:
- assessments, such as capacity, functioning and development assessments to support requirements for housing and accommodation
- capacity building, to access employment or educational opportunities or build social skills and confidence
- counselling and other therapeutic support and interventions, such as grief or trauma counselling
- coordinating or managing life stages and transitions
- provide support and education to a person’s network by implementing a Positive Behaviour Support Plan
mediation and conflict resolution
At Therapy Pro, our social workers are university trained health professionals with an excellent skill set to provide a variety of support services to clients across the lifespan.
We look forward to supporting you and your family.